Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm Back!


I guess I haven't been very good about this blogging thing since I haven't posted since last November! But I'm trying. I've been doing a lot of knitting though, and I will attempt to post some memorable projects.





I have been the host/moderator of the Hemlock Ring Blanket KAL on Yahoo and have learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I finished 2 HRB's both out of Cascade Eco Wool - one in gray and one in purple. The one in gray was a gift for my 92 yr. old Pop.


The purple one, I kept myself. I knit this one one on US11's and knit 5 rows in between yo row instead of 4. This made it much easier to block and totally got rid of any puckering.



I knitting now on a really simple free pattern from Berroco - Sharon, and doing it in Cascade Sierra in yello. On a tip from someone on the knitlist, I am knitting and frogging at the same time! Instead of frogging and balling the yarn, and then using it, I am knitting from the ufo - bypassing the separate frogging step. It is very cool!



No comments: