Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Hotelless in Seattle

What is this? This is my knitting machine - my Toyota KS901 - that I have had for 2 years and have yet to even get set up properly. It is in my office, covered with a part of a sheet leftover from the bassinet I made and the two Christmas stockings I knitted for my DS & DDIL, plus the curtain sheer for the window that is washed, but not hung.




This is my ribber - Toyota KR506 - that goes with my knitting machine. It has been laying on the floor of my bedroom behind a chair, with all the accessories and books, for the last 2 years. I haven't even attempted to set it up.


BUT ALL OF THIS CHANGES on August 22th when I begin an intensive weekend of study at The Knitting School in Seattle! I found them (actually her, Helen) from a machine knitting group on Ravelry. I immediately sent my registration form and check and booked my flight and I'm off for Seattle.


I'm actually getting there Tuesday, 8/19 to do some business, making calls on all the home offices of the corporations there (Microsoft, Nike, REI, Starbucks, etc) to personally introduce them to my "How Does Money Become Wealth?" workshops for their employees, and I leave the next Tuesday, 8/26 which gives me one day after the workshop to schlep around Seattle or cajole Helen into showing me how to use a ribber.


I have never been to Seattle before, in fact, the first time I have ever been to the Northwest was last October when I went to Calgary, Alberta, Canada for 10 days. Beautiful! And for anyone who appreciates nature like I do (remember, I live on Florida's Nature Coast) it was a feast. So now I will be in the Northwest that is all about business. Such creativity in this area! I can hardly wait - my camera will be at the ready.


And The Knitting School is located right downtown in an old, restored, historic brick building! So I decided I had to live the adventure and booked a room at the College Inn. It is right across the street from the University of Washington (college campuses - another passion of mine), and was built in 1909 for the Alaska-Yukon Exposition. There are 27 rooms, each with a wash basin and mirror. Each floor has a communal bathroom and shower - get that - no bathroom in the room! An adventure! I have reservations for Tues., Wed., & Thurs., and then Sun. & Mon. - no reservations for Fri. & Sat. So I could be HOTELLESS IN SEATTLE! I'll find something I'm sure. I'm on the waiting list at the College Inn in case someone doesn't show up, but there's always a room somewhere.


So - starting August 19th I begin a Yukon adventure - exploring a new place, spreading my business, learning something new, and casting my hotel room fate to the winds! Cool -


OMG - I didn't mention dogs like I promised - OK - that will be for next time.

No comments: