Thursday, August 07, 2008

K9knitters USA, Inc. coming to a town near you!

I said I would talk about dogs - I'm so excited to announce the pending incorporation of K9knitters USA, Inc. as a sister to the UK K9knitters that has been at work for 3 years now. I met Carrie Warr, the powerhouse behind and creator of K9knitters, on Ravelry and she has graciously allowed me to hitchhike on her work. She has over 100 knitters and raises money for 2 dog charities in the UK by knitting and selling dog sweaters and coats to the public. They also take custom orders. They have their wool donated and the knitters all donate their time. Carrie donates her time, plus postage, and other costs related - so it seems 100% of the proceeds of their sales go to the charities.



So that is what I'm going to start! And that's why I want to get up and running with my knitting machine - I don't have time to handknit dog sweaters in the quantity I want, but I sure can by using my knitting machine! I can't even tell you how excited I am about this opportunity to serve humanity by supporting mankind's best friends. Sounds lofty, but that's just how I feel about it. Even one small effort is valuable - and as anyone who has done any charity work will tell you - I'm sure I will get much more out of this than I give. It is a blessing to use my passion for the betterment of others. It's a good thing!



Here is the banner for the K9knitters website:

The Heading is:


K9 Rescue Knitting Club
A Stitch in Time Saves a K9. . .

So now I have to come up with a banner - I'll be working on that and announce it right here at Nature Coast Knitting! Watch for it -

tomorrow - 8/8/08 Ravelympics 2008!!!!

No comments: