Sunday, August 17, 2008

OMG! I'm injured!

I tried to take a photo of my knitting injury, but it just didn't come out - the cellulite kept getting in the way! This is how it happened: I was knitting along happily the dog sweater I call Hearts and Stripes Forever, so obviously there are stripes - so, it comes time to change colors and I snip the yarn I'm working with - but, oh no! I also snipped my leg! Who knew I had a pair of scissors in the house that is sharp enough to cut through flesh - I would have bet the farm that especially my knitting scissors wouldn't cut paper! So there it is, I now have a pretty deep V-shaped cut on my thigh. I immediately applied a pressure bandage and left it on til this morning. It did close so I changed the bandage. Dr. Cathy took care of it! Surgery averted!



So, you say, where is this dog sweater that was worthy of such a knitting accident? Voila'

Called Hearts and Stripes Forever because of the red and turquoise stripes and the red heart buttons. This photo doesn't do justice. I can hardly wait to get a model to try it on. There are two in the neighborhood I'm going to ask - a maltese and a weiner dog.

Dog sweaters are fun! Too bad Buffy and Ronda don't need one. Maybe I'll have to take them somewhere this winter where it is cold so I can make sweaters for them. Is that sick?

No comments: