Friday, August 08, 2008

Ready for Ravelympics 2008!

As a beta member of Ravelry, I have really enjoyed this community of knitters. So it is fun and exciting to be casting on a project as the opening ceremony begins and make sure my project is done before the flame is extinguished 17 days from now. 6018 of us will be at the ready with our yarn and needles at 8pm Beijing time as the opening ceremonies begin. For me that is 8am today! Since it is 7:42am right now - I'm getting excited. All 6018 will cast on at the same time, so that means if you are on the west coast of the US, you will cast on at 5am. On the group site there is a time zone calculator to tell you when 8pm Beijing time is where you are.


This is my project - I call it the Cardithalon! The pattern's name is Hey, Teach! from Knitty, Summer 08 and was designed by the mother of a high school teacher and named in honor of her daughter. I will be participating as part of Team Tampa; 71 members here in the Tampa Bay area.

I better get in the starting blocks!

1 comment:

Marie Adeline said...

Have fun